The dental crown lifetime is usually between 5 and 15 years, some of crowns can withstand even between 25 and 30, its deterioration is also influenced by the patient’s hygiene. A dental crown accordingly made should not need to be changed sooner than 5 years.
How Can I Extend the Dental Crown Lifetime?
- – Avoid to sudden your teeth. This type of trauma can crumble and crack your crown.
- – Practice good dental hygiene routine, including brushing twice a day and floss once a day.
- – When you wash focus on the area around the crown, especially the gum line, this will help to protect the area under crown.
- – Do not bite your fingernails or chew ice, hard candy, or other things, it would damage the dental crown and the natural tooth also.
Signs That the Dental Crown Lifetime Is Almost Over
Signs that the dental crown lifetime is almost over, are the following:
- – Gum retires
- – The crown is very worn
- – The crown was cracked
- – Is a decay under the crown
- – The gum tissue is infected
- – The crown falls off
A crown can be replaced from aesthetic reasons or for the tooth health.
If you are interested in a specialist advice, we are glad to meet you and give you the advice you need. We care about the beauty and health of your teeth.
Set an appointment here or from the contact details in the footer.